Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lazy Butt

I have done a whole bunch of Beer Butts on the gasser.  So, when time is of the essence, I have to revert back to the comfort zone.  Chicken & zucchini with tomatoes and cheese.  My spatchcocked days may be numbered. Very good and so easy.
Milton, GA.
003.jpg 3.4M
013.jpg 3.5M
021.jpg 3.5M
023.jpg 3.2M
·

Comments

• Are you saying your beer can chicken cooks quicker than when you spatched? What temp did you run on both?

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • On Spatchcocked, I do about 350 for an hour.  The beer butt goes for about 1-1/2 hours at 400 - 450.  I save prep time with the BB  as I just pop it on the can and do not brine it or cut out the backbone.  It is pretty much set it and forget it.....  I use 1/2 can of beer, push in 1/4 stick of butter into the can, add 2tbs of paprika, and 2 tbs of Lawrys garlic salt.  I can get this on the egg quickly after a long day....

Milton, GA.
    ·
  • Totally understand quick & easy

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·