Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

6 full racks of baby back ribs... oh my!

Options
I cooked up a total of 6 full racks of baby backs cut into halves today.  It was almost more than a large egg could hold.  Used several handfuls of apple wood chips and cooked at about 275-300 for 3.5-4 hours roughly.  No way to tell the exact temp because the thermometer was covered in ribs.
Turned out really good.  Sauced with Sweet Baby Rays.  My son said that these were the best ribs I have ever done and that he had ever had.  High praise indeed!

photo IMG_20130902_122219241_zps884343a1.jpg
   -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).

Comments

• Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Options
    What a great cook, I have a large and have never cooked more than four, I now feel that you have raised the bar, I must attempt six. Would love to see the finished product in the future!
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • dweebs0r
    Options
    Sorry for that, I should have taken more pics.  I had family over and the wife is sick so I was juggling all of the cooks.  They turned out really good though!  People were asking to take what little we had leftover home with them.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).