Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large vs medium

Options
2»

Comments

• finster
    finster Posts: 136
    Options
    I Love my med.  Read what they all say: use the med 95% of the time.  The only acc unavailable is the adj rig.  There are ways around that like plumbers T's, fire bricks, swing rack.  W a platesetter and stone you are all set.  How often do you have a bunch of people over anyway?
    MBGE in Charleston

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Just brought the Large BGE home today. Tried an easy cook for the first one. The chicken was delicious. Had problems getting the temperature above 300 degrees, but I think I didn't have enough charcoal. After I ate I added a bunch more charcoal and the temp shot up to 475 degrees before I shut it down. Didn't want it to hot with the new egg. Glad I went with the large. Thanks everybody.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I have a medium, its typically the wife and I but have cooked for as many as 10 with it, and my grill extender. Until recently when I added a Vision KUB Mini-wannabe (and for the Missus and I day to day it works fine proving inexpensively that a Mini is in our future) I would cook more than one meal on my Mini and cryo pack which also works well for us. We use the gasser for our reheats. The medium and the mini work well for us.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Life is short dude don't sell yourself short for a measly few bucks. If you can afford a medium egg compared to other cookers out there you can toss in a few bucks to get the large.
    Like my dad said to me when I was building a
    She's at my first home: make it bigger than what you think you will need. You will never regret Gavin too much room.