Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Orphan Egg

Options
njl
njl Posts: 1,123
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum
The local dealer I bought my large from appears to have finally closed up.  IMO, it's been a long time coming.  They always ran the store more like a hobby than the business, keeping odd/short business hours, frequently closing early, so I eventually got in the habit of calling to make sure they really were open before trying to go in for anything.

Mine was a used/demo egg that they frequently cooked on at the shop or at events.  I never registered it...but I do have the receipt somewhere.  As long as I hold onto that, I should be covered with warranty service via other localish dealers, right?

I noticed a couple of days ago, a for rent sign in front of their new location (just moved for the second time a few months ago).  I tried calling their number then, and it just rang and rang.  Now it's disconnected, and their web site in giant text says

Account Closed

Pending Deletion