Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Hey Mickey, one more butt question!

@Mickey, in your instructions on doing turbo butts Sunday in my post on "Butt Help" (thank you, BTW), you didn't say whether you do this cook direct or indirect.  As I am such a slow learner, could you just clear that up for me?

TIA

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,577
    Indirect with a pan underneath raised off the placesetter... I use bolt nuts.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 2,036

Fast reply, @henapple, thanks.

I do have 4 5/8 nuts that I use to separate drip pan (or pizza stone) from plate setter.

:D
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,577
    I taught @mickey to turbo... :))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 17,590
    edited August 2013
    henapple said:
    I taught @mickey to turbo... :))

Yes I learned from this guy getting his drink on when not stealing Eggs. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• MickeyMickey Posts: 17,590
    As said, indirect. One of the very few indirect cooks I do.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 2,036

Thanks @Mickey!

You da man!

^:)^