Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maverick saved my butt last night

Options
I have done a few overnight butt cooks the past couple weeks since I got my egg. All were in the 7.5-9 lb range and I only set my alarm to wake up and only check dome temp through the night. Each of these cooks typically took 11-13 hours so I never checked internal temperature during the night. This past week I ordered the Maverick et732 with an amazon gift card I won in a sales contest. I put the 8 lb butt in last night around 9 pm, got my temp steadied at 275 and expected it to be done around 9-10 am and ready for our 1 pm lunch. I set the maverick to alarm if dome temp went outside 225-325 range and if the meat temp went above 195. At 3:45 am the Maverick went off, I figured temp was out of range but IT temp was already at 195. Without the maverick I can only assume this butt would have cooked about 4-5 hours too log and been ruined.

Comments