Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question to previous Eggtoberfest and Cooking Academy attendees

Options

Never been to a Eggtoberfest, Eggfest or BGE Cooking Academy. Not sure which one to attend, if I want to learn to smoke/BBQ better on the BGE. What opportunities are there to learn at Eggtober fest? Are there many demonstrations or classes, that a person could learn from?  

And about the BGE Cooking Academy. Anybody been there and what did you think?

I'm asking because it's a six day drive (return trip) for me. I'd like to have a good idea of what I could learn, before I invest this much effort.

Thanks for any help you could offer.

People say that Television is bad for you.  It's that bloody Fridge, that's killing me.

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options

Eggtoberfest is not to be missed. There will be 300 cooks as well as various demonstrations. You will have opportunity to talk to a lot of eggheads. Come hungry and plan to be there all day.

The Cooking Academy is great and it is a great way to learn different techniques.

If I lived a long ways away I would attend Eggtoberfest as my 1st choice...

Come to the meet n greet also at Eggtoberfest. ...