Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What lumps are available in Michigan?

GK59GK59 Posts: 501
Here in Bay City I can find the following lumps .
WGWW in a small supply($24). RO / GFS and Cowboy at the big box. KJ now at Ace. 
During my work travels I do get out to most of northern MI , N of I-69.
Might do some side trips if the price is right.

Thanks ,Bill

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·

Comments

• BustersdadBustersdad Posts: 227
    Royal Oak is also available at Menards
    ·
  • I have GFS around the corner from me so that's my "go to".

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • What is WGWW?  Is it any better than GFS (what I use)?  And where do you find it?  I'm in Lapeer
    ·
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 501
    Wicked Good Weekend worrior. Franks Great outdoors in Linwood has some.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·
  • I buy Lazzari from Herman's Boy in Rockford (probably a drive for you but worth visiting if you're ever on the west side of the state).  I get 2 bags at a time, one mesquite and one oak.  They're $25 for 2 bags, IIRC.

Large BGE
    Lexington, SC
    ·
    How is GFS?  Which do you buy from there?
    Large BGE
    Lexington, SC
    ·
    How is GFS?  Which do you buy from there?
    GFS lump is made by RO.  Same good stuff, different bag.  My daughter is starting school soon and her school is near a Menards.  When they put RO on sale, I'll cash in!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·
  • you can buy lazzari mesquite from GFS . $20 for a 40# bag . They do not stock it in the store , but they can order it from their distribution warehouse and have in a day or 2
    ·
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,431
    edited August 2013

you can buy lazzari mesquite from GFS . $20 for a 40# bag . They do not stock it in the store , but they can order it from their distribution warehouse and have in a day or 2

I didn't know that. What's the smokiness like using mesquite lump?

·
  • To me it is a very mild smoke. Not overpowering at all
    ·
  • Thanks! I'll order a couple of bags and give it a whirl.

·
  • Fred - do you live near Rockford? Herman's Boy has it too.
    Large BGE
    Lexington, SC
    ·
  • Fred - do you live near Rockford? Herman's Boy has it too.

I live near the cosmopolitan City of Flint. Birthplace of General Motors, the UAW and the drive-by shooting.

·
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 501
    Going to get 4 bags for me and 2 neighbors. Heck at that price I can give a little as to taste or burn rate.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·