Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dome Alignment, HELP!

Options
porta
porta Posts: 88

So after trying everyway possible to align the dome (used the search feature) I am still unsuccesful. Needs to come 3/8in inch up and to the right. Brand new egg, unfortunately I wasnt there when the dealer dropped it off. I would have made sure it was right. Cooking tomorrow and really want to fix it as much as possible. I watched the youtube video, I picked up some washers today. Has anyone had luck with this? I'm hoping I can atleast fix the left to right issue. I give up on the underbite.

68% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    There is a YouTube video where you apply a wrench to the back while adjusting. You won't get it perfect.... Join the club but it will be fine.
    Seattle, WA
  • porta
    Options

@SkinnyV, I watched the youtube video. The left to right adjustment makes sense so I got some washers today. The front to back adjustment is just plain ridiculous.

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Yeah I'm off a bit also but it did help. Same deal egg was new I had to remove the lid in order to carry it and it wasn't the same since. I've gotten over it do the best you can. Hopefully someone can help or do a search on all methods attempted.

Good luck.
    Seattle, WA
  • mdozier
    mdozier Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Don't know if this will help but with mine I called bge and got one of the guys to kinda talk me through it. You've probably already done this but you have to loosen both top and bottom bands to do it right and you may have to loosen the hinge bolts as well; but be very careful with the hinges. You'll need to secure them against the spring tension. Basically like you're starting over. Sorry if this is old news but I wasn't sure from your post how much you had tried. I'm sure one of the old hands around here knows much more. Good luck.
    Nashville TN 2 LBGE's and counting
  • porta
    Options
    @mdozier, thanks for the help! I will try the washers. If that doesnt work I will call in the big guns. Thanks again.