Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket Question (Travis Method)

six_eggsix_egg Posts: 605
edited July 2013 in Beef
Do you marinate it over night or anything. I am just doing the flat also because I did not want my first time to cost to much if not a success.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·

Comments

• WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,386
    When I have made it in the past I put the rub on right before I put on- no marinade or injection. But I'm sure you can vary the recipe if you want
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • RockosteelRockosteel Posts: 42
    My best results are from not only applying a dry rub the night prior but also injecting a solution of beef broth, butter, woostershire (msp?), and garlic after heating on stove top. Good luck
    Charlotte, nc
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,271
    Plenty of ways to try it. Rsults vary with each cut IMO. Havent tried Travis method, but I have tried injecting several times. Sometimes it is super moist, sometimes it is dry. Same injection, same temp, same rub, same everything. All depends on the cut.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,430
    Not the Travis method again... He was starting to get humble.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·