Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stuffed meatballs, sauce and spaghetti squash

robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,719
Got 80/20 ground beef, added eggs and spices. Mixed together. Made meatballs stuffed with a small ball of fresh mozzerella. Smoked them on the egg for 20 min then finished on a frying pan a little.

Also cut some green peppers and onions and grilled them. Cut them up.

Added the indirect stone and put the Dutch oven on the egg and got the egg to 300. After 10 minutes I added a little olive oil and some chopped garlic. After 10 minutes added the cut up peppers/onions and cooked for 10 more minutes. Added a can and a half of tomato sauce and spices (basil, oregano, parsley, red pepper flakes). Added a bunch of fresh spinach. Added rhe meatballs and Letting sauce simmer for 1.5 hours uncovered.

Tasted good so far.

Spaghetti squash is cooked in the house tonight as I was affraid of it getting too smokey.

Will let you know how the rest comes out.

Garnerville, NY
image.jpg 1.7M
image.jpg 2.2M
image.jpg 2.1M
image.jpg 1.8M
image.jpg 1.7M
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    I'm coming over...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,719
    WIN!
    image.jpg 2.5M
    image.jpg 1.9M
    image.jpg 1.9M
    image.jpg 1.8M

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,678
    Looks great. Good job
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,849
    Paleo friendly smoked sketty for the win!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,505
    Great job!
    ·