Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Stuffed Jalapeno Success - w/Pics (so it really did happen)

I know this cook is rather elementary by most standards, but this is the first "second level" cook I have done, since I used my own brisket.  Quite tasty, I must say.  My neighbor agreed, as he ate 4 of them after his dinner.

Ingredients:
12 jumbo jalepenos
2 cups habanero jack cheese
Leftover brisket point chopped finely - probably a half pound or so (I smoked this Thursday with pecan.  Sorry @Cen-Tex.  Will be oak next time)
Homemade smoked bbq sauce

I left many seeds after coring the jalapenos to get some kick, and it certainly worked.

Cooked at ~400 toward the top of the dome in a pepper rack for 30 mins.

The top ended up nice and crunchy.

Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

Comments

• BuckeyeBobBuckeyeBob Posts: 670
    Looks outstanding. One tip I have when using the rack is to poke a hole in the bottom of the ABT so the liquid can drip out instead of causing stem. Sometimes the steam pressure can push the filling up. Great job though.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • TEggSunTEggSun Posts: 244
    Great point, @BuckeyeBob.  I had to push down the stuffing a few times during the cook.
    Transplanted from Austin, Texas to Medina, Ohio

• Nice!  I saw a restaurant doing something similar but they used pickled jalapenos and coated then fried the suckers :D