Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Stuffed Pork Roast Saturday Cook

I found a 4 lb pork loin roast on sale at Kroger so I scooped it up. Spent some time on the forum looking for a recipe but never found anything I liked. I took a couple of recipes and combined them and this is what I came up with. I roll cut the pork loin and stuffed with chopped spinach, vidalia onion, baby bella mushrooms, chopped garlic and Jarlsberg Cheese. I rolled it up and wrapped in bacon. I put it on a V Rack in the egg at 350 indirect for about 1 1/2 hours until 140 internal. Also put some of the mushrooms, onions and some apples in the drip pan with some chicken broth and used it as an "au jus" of sorts over the sliced pieces. it was really moist and the family loved it. Will be a new staple for entertaining.
LBGE Knoxville, TN

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 6,911
    Looks great. Well done
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • EggucatorEggucator Posts: 219
    Looks awesome!
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Nice job, looks like everything cooked and finished at the same time!
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,528
    Very nice. Could bean entry in the Stuffed Throwdown.