Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Turbo Brown Beef

bccomstockbccomstock Posts: 324
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
Not quite as catchy as Pepper Stout Beef, but I did a rather quick modified version of it last night..

Got the Egg up to 400.. Put the salt and pepper rubbed 2.5 lb chuck roast in the pan on top of the bell pepper, onions and sweet banana peppers with a little beef broth to help keep them moist.. Put the pan on the top rack with the new grill extender in place.

Once the roast reached 165+, I poured in the beer and foiled it.. I didn't have any stouts on hand, so I used a new brown ale I've found I like, Truck Stop Honey Brown Ale.. Pulled it once the IT was 215 and the liquid had reduced..

Started at 6 and finished a little after 8:30.. It had an awesome flavor.  I could have probably put more peppers and onions in it, though.

LBGE
Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
My Not Frequently Updated Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com

Comments