Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First cook done and even good!!

Options
1shot1kill
1shot1kill Posts: 136
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I have done it. I made my first ever egg meal. With the help of Lawn Ranger, I got my egg set up yesterday, and fired up for some good old pork ribs. And if I do say so my self, they were dang good. After a quick lesson by the Man himself of takeing the membrane off, and some helpful seasoning advise, he was out my front door and gone before I could squeeze anymore info out of him. Trial by error I guess. [p]I would just like to thank everyone at the Texas Egg Fest for being so kind to me and my wife even though my little sister did pull out the winning ticket that just happened to be mine. I know, I know, it took me by suprise as well. But all of yall were just great. [p]And another BIG thank you to GrillMeister and his wife for such a great weekend. Yall realy did a wonderful job.[p]I have pics of the first cook, and will be posting them soon![p]Thanks everybody,
Ryan

Comments

• Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    1shot1kill, I had full sighted view so let me replay for you. The ticket is pulled, Ed slowly reads off a number, then another number, another number and then several seconds of complete silence. I mean you could hear a pin drop. Hey we are talking large egg and table with goodies. [p]Next thing I know your raising your head from looking down at your tickets and coming out with this huge, I mean canyon rattling yell. I am sure they heard you at the other end of the lake. The only thing better than that yell was the smile that quickly followed. [p]You deserve it so enjoy that baby. And, remember the teacher was a student once, so don't let the ole' man blow smoke rings up your ..... with that listen to me son stuff. LOL. Tom

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    1shot1kill, congratulations to you on both your first cook and being fortunate enough to have a sister who would actually announce that she had drawn your name. Mine would have said "That's no good." and put it back in to draw another. I'm sure your dad will be happy to answer direct questions but sometimes we just need to let our kids learn some things on their own. There's an old saying "When you try too hard to keep your kids from failing, you keep them from succeeding." Happy learning!

• 1shot1kill
    1shot1kill Posts: 136
    Options
    Thanks guys. I dont even remember that I yelled, of course that could have been because of the couple beers and those very intoxicating margaritas that showed up with SpringChicken and his crew. I do know that my face is still sore from all the smileing that I did, heck I'm still smileing. What a great time I had.[p]thanks again,
    Ryan

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 441
    Options
    Hey 1shot1kill, congrats on your first cook!!! It was a pleasure to share in your eggcitement after winning the big one. God Bless you & your family man. Keep smokin! Joe