Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Man, the Egg makes the best burgers......

Sorry...no pics on this one.  But was watching the third round of the US Open and realized late afternoon/evening we had no dinner plans on a Saturday when we almost always do something on the Egg.  When the round was over, I ran up and got a couple pounds of 85/15, got the Egg fired up, put together six patties and sprinkled on a little DP Cow Lick.   I cooked them at 400* direct for about 3-4 minutes a side, flipped again and shut the Egg down and left them on for about four more minutes, adding some grated cheese with about a minute to go.  This is the same method I've been using for steaks, albeit at a lower temp.  What came of were the most flavorful, juiciest burgers to date according to the panel. 

It still amazes me what the BGE produces.....such a quick and easy cook and there's no chance any gasser could ever turn out the quality of burger we ate tonight.   

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

Comments