Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Clean-out cook - Stuffed catfish, grilled bok choy, taters

Options
caliking
caliking Posts: 18,731
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
Rummaging around, I found a frozen stuffed catfish fillet, a bag of bok choy, and some red potatoes. Put em all together, and we've got stuff to egg with!

Fired up the small on Sunday night. Poured a few fingers of Ardberg (no pics, but it happened).

First time grilling bok choy. Seasoned with nanami togarashi, sea salt, light soy sauce, chili sesame oil, and some pepper. Direct at 350-400ish for a few minutes then flipped.

Kind of threw whatever I could find at the taters - ghost pepper salt, pepper, sage, 8th Wonder spice rub, and something else.

Let the taters go for about 20 mins then added the catfish fillet to the grid. The stuffing had crawfish I think (bought from Hebert's who knows when)

Once the taters were done, the fish still had a bit to cook. Pulled it about 10mins later when the stuffing read 170°F

It was a nice relatively healthy meal. I loved how the bok choy turned out. I'm not a fan of potatoes, but they had a nice kick to them. The fish was pretty good for something store-bought, but I will probably try to make my own version the next time I want something like that.

Thanks for looking!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments