Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dutch Oven Stuffed Peppers

bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
Have never done these on the egg before so today was the day for it . Six bell peppers stuffed with ground chuck mixed the meat with some raising the steaks , diced red onion , rice and mozzarella cheese and stuffed the peppers full placed in the ci dutch oven and poured a vinegar ,garlic ,tomato sauce over them and a few crushed cloves of garlic on top of the sauce hoping to been done around 5 for dinner .thinking of red skin garlic mashed potatoes and mixed veggies as the sides . last pic is about a hour into the cook simmering away on the egg 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
·

Comments

• ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,920
    Looks like you are off to a good start don't forget to post final product pics in this weeks cast iron throwdown thread. ;)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    need to post this on the CI cook off thread. Wait, never mind. Don't bother ;)
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • FurallFurall Posts: 103
    Love stuffed peppers. Looks delicious bigphil.
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,492
    Look's good. Let us know how they turn out.

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • DredgerDredger Posts: 256
    Yum! Those look so good.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    All cooked plated and eaten . personally i think they turned out really good very tasty and the sauce was excellent on the potatoes .Thanks for looking 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,060
    Nice cook! I've been meaning to make stuffed peppers for years.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    Very nice!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Nice plated picture -- thinking some galic potatoes might fly with this..  Nice job!
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
    Are they less calories when upside down?

Great looking cook!
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    What is a "calorie"? :((
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    Thanks everyone 

hapster said:
    Are they less calories when upside down? Great looking cook!
    not sure about less calories but sure was tough keeping it plated for the picture  :)) other than that stupid phone uploads 

@Charlie tuna potatoes were red skin garlic mashed 
    :-c 
    ·