Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Dutch Oven Stuffed Peppers

bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,390
Have never done these on the egg before so today was the day for it . Six bell peppers stuffed with ground chuck mixed the meat with some raising the steaks , diced red onion , rice and mozzarella cheese and stuffed the peppers full placed in the ci dutch oven and poured a vinegar ,garlic ,tomato sauce over them and a few crushed cloves of garlic on top of the sauce hoping to been done around 5 for dinner .thinking of red skin garlic mashed potatoes and mixed veggies as the sides . last pic is about a hour into the cook simmering away on the egg 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 3,488
    Looks like you are off to a good start don't forget to post final product pics in this weeks cast iron throwdown thread. ;)
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    need to post this on the CI cook off thread. Wait, never mind. Don't bother ;)
    Dunedin, FL
  • FurallFurall Posts: 119
    Love stuffed peppers. Looks delicious bigphil.
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,688
    Look's good. Let us know how they turn out.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• DredgerDredger Posts: 1,294
    Yum! Those look so good.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,390
    All cooked plated and eaten . personally i think they turned out really good very tasty and the sauce was excellent on the potatoes .Thanks for looking 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 9,272
    Nice cook! I've been meaning to make stuffed peppers for years.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,742
    Very nice!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Nice plated picture -- thinking some galic potatoes might fly with this..  Nice job!
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,431
    Are they less calories when upside down?

Great looking cook!
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    What is a "calorie"? :((
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,390
    Thanks everyone 

hapster said:
    Are they less calories when upside down? Great looking cook!
    not sure about less calories but sure was tough keeping it plated for the picture  :)) other than that stupid phone uploads 

Charlie tuna potatoes were red skin garlic mashed 
    :-c