Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Dizzy Pig Throw down

Options
J_Que
J_Que Posts: 223
edited June 2013 in Poultry

Scored a couple bottles of DP rub last week and decided to set up my own little throwdown to see which rub tasted the best on Chicken. Picked up a 4 pack of thighs and prepared them competition style. Dusted one with Dizzy Dust, one with Swamp Venom, one with Tsunami Spin and the last one with a mix of Dust and Venom. image

Cooked them indirectly on the felt line @ 270 until the thermapen registered 160. Pulled three of them off , sauced and returned them to the egg until they hit 165.

The Dust is a staple of mine and I thought for sure that either the dust or the 1/2 dust 1/2 venom blend would take the prize. Swamp Venom is my favorite for wings. So much so that I refuse to make wings if I'm out of it. Now all of them were very good, but to my surprise the Tsunami Spin won the throwdown.

So what's your favorite?

I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975