Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mea Culpa Georgia slide show and chorizo recipe

Options
Tried to post this last week I...my permission wasn't good enough,  then work got in the way and I forgot my promise.
Here is the link to the slide show:

http://s1132.photobucket.com/user/JoG1144/slideshow/BGE/Georgia%20Fest%202013

Here is the Chorizo recipe I made for the fest pre and post parties.  I used the coffee instead of the vinegar for this batch

Ingredients/ 1lb ground pork

1 dried guajillo pepper

1dried ancho

1 dried New Mexican red

3-4 cloves of garlic

1 bay leaf

½  roasted yellow onion

½ tsp of cumin (bloomed)

½ tsp of Mexican oregano

½ tsp Siagon cinnamon

½ tsp of Ancho powder

½  tps of cayenne

½ tsp of paprika

¼  tsp of expresso (use if omitting cider vinegar)

1 tsp of salt

¼ C of apple cider vinegar (use if omitting coffee)

Re-hydrated chili waters as needed

Directions:

On CI comal or the egg toast the dried chilis until fragrant (don’t burn).  In another dry skillet add all the spices except cinnamon and heat to bloom, again don’t burn. 

Remove peppers from heat and place in a bowl and add the bay leaf.  Pour boiling water over the peppers and cover. Let steep for 15 minutes…no longer than 20 minutes or peppers will get bitter (taste the liquid to test for bitterness)

Place the bloomed spices in a bowl and set aside. 

To a blender add the drained roasted peppers, onion, and garlic and blend to a paste.  If too thick add some of the rehydrating water to thin paste out slightly.

Combine the chili paste, bloomed spices, Mexican oregano, and either coffee or cider vinegar and cinnamon to the ground pork and mix well. 

Salt and pepper to taste. 

Pinch off small bit and cook.  Adjust seasoning.  When completely mix place on plastic wrap and roll into a log and seal.  Store in frige for several hours to allow spices to come together.  Either cook within 24 hours or freeze    

Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx