Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New custom table for BGE - cedar and granite

I am a new owner of the BGE and loving every minute of it!  I used the dimensions off the BGE website for a do it yourself cart to create on with a granite top, one drawer, and a cabinet.  Granite circle was kept to use as a base for the table nest.  Best of all, cover fits well.  Let summer begin.  
Large, Medium, Mini, and Mini Max, a few too many accessories, 2 kids, 1 dog, and original wife.  Lover of winter, powdery snow, and lots of golf.  

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 8,256
    Cool! that's a beautiful table. Where did you get the granite? I am looking for a granite top for an outdoor kitchen build, but don't want to break the bank.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • PowderhoundPowderhound Posts: 121
    Thank you! I got it here in MN from a local granite shop.  It was a remenant piece so it was cheaper.  Many places I talked to will do work for $25 to $35 a square foot.  However, you can go a lot higher.  
    Large, Medium, Mini, and Mini Max, a few too many accessories, 2 kids, 1 dog, and original wife.  Lover of winter, powdery snow, and lots of golf.  
  • dogfootdogfoot Posts: 61
    Great job one of the best I've seen, where did you get the cover, is it custom made to???
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,420
    Nice looking setup. Many happy years enjoying it...

Cheers!
    dogfoot, the cover is the one for the BGE large table for the large egg. It is the BGE brand cover with embroidered logo.  Fits like a glove.  
  • gator_eggergator_egger Posts: 68
    That is a great looking table!
  • JebpotJebpot Posts: 367
    Good looking table!!nice job. You are to love cooking on the egg..

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,169
    caliking said:
    Cool! that's a beautiful table. Where did you get the granite? I am looking for a granite top for an outdoor kitchen build, but don't want to break the bank.
    Go to a monument works if you have one close. You may end up with some dead guy's name misspelled on the bottom but he won't care if you don't.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• six_eggsix_egg Posts: 739
    Great looking table. How do you open your beer with no opener?

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

six_egg said:
    Great looking table. How do you open your beer with no opener?
    I added one just yesterday after the photos I took.  Time to start a collection I think. 
  • 4Runner4Runner Posts: 2,765
    Awesome setup!
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • andy_cenTXandy_cenTX Posts: 15
    That's awesome! I would love to include a granite top for a future table rebuild. In no time my wooden table top got some little burned specs from stray ashes and even a dime-size burned spot from a burning ember that jumped out. I also like your granite base. I tend to get the occasional hot ember that's jumps out of the bottom vent if I don't have the screen closed.
    Round Rock, TX
  • Love the table!  Nice work!

• SamMiller0SamMiller0 Posts: 38
    great looking table @Powderhound, where in MN are you located?
    Rochester, MN  --- Large BGE
  • DJKrageDJKrage Posts: 15
    Love the table!! 

Looks strangely familiar!!
  • That's a beautiful table.  Great job. 

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,231
    I want one! LOL
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    Man that really looks nice.

Did you do the granite yourself?
    Did you plane that cedar to get it so smooth?
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• probe1957probe1957 Posts: 222
    RE: The third picture.  Is that a spatchcocked chicken I see in the window on the left?

Nice table, BTW.
    great looking table @Powderhound, where in MN are you located?
    I am located in New Prague.  If you need the name of the guy that did the work and cost let me know.  

r270ba said:
    Man that really looks nice. Did you do the granite yourself? Did you plane that cedar to get it so smooth?
    I had a cabinet maker friend of mine make it.  The granite was from a remnant thus making it less expensive. I think the cedar is factory finish and was not planed or modified. 
  • cfwilencfwilen Posts: 26
    This is very similar to what I've designed to build for my egg.  Unfortunately, drawing pictures is the easy part.  Cutting wood is pretty new to me, but I want to see what I can do.
    Portland, OR
    probe1957 said:
    RE: The third picture.  Is that a spatchcocked chicken I see in the window on the left?

Nice table, BTW.
    Hahhahaha!  That's pretty observant.  Best part of grilling on the egg is my dog hangs out with me on the deck.  The "spatchcock" is my Golden Retriever.