Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Here's what the 90 yr old said...

I cooked three slabs of St. Louis ribs today using Lawry's Memphis Style Rub. Was kinda busy so I didn't really tend to em. Three hours at 250, one hour in foil with a touch of butter, 10-15 minutes on grill top. A buddy of mine took a slab to his 90 year old dad in our hood. This man had a slaughter house, meat house and dry goods company in Nashville, long before the Syscos of the world. He knows meat! He said they were the best ribs he'd ever had. And they were really good. I took that as a huge compliment - especially from a career meat man. At ninety, I'd say he's had his share. Butts are on now. That's all. JJS
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 26,941
    I would love that compliment!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • jccbone62jccbone62 Posts: 194
    That would make me proud too. But no pics? Now you know what that means right! Good work though...
    XL owner in Wichita, KS
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,903
    edited May 2013
    Amazing compliment from a man who knows his stuff!   :)

You sir are now "The Rib King"!  Please update your signature!
    Just a hack that makes some **** BBQ...
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Thats a whole lot of "ribspearience" to argue about for sure!!  Congrats - your the Rib King!
    ·
  • milesbrown4milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    no school like the old school
    ·
  • BustersdadBustersdad Posts: 208
    Wow...nice job.
    ·