Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Jucy Lucy Night (With Pics)

EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
Well we got home early from my sons games (thankfully they were all mid-afternoon) So him and I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and I wanted to see if this 7 dollar stuffed burger press was better than what I could do.  

My wife and 2 other kids are in Key West for her brothers wedding and we are suckers for a good Jucy Lucy!!!!

I made 4 total burgers about 1/3 of a lb each maybe a tad more.  3 stuffed with american cheese and another stuffed with Bleu Cheese.  

Egg preheated to 400 and the burgers come out of the freezer after a stay in there for 30 minutes seasoned with good ol S&P

After about 14 minutes total I take them off...Had one tiny blowout but that one I expected as it was on the smaller side and didn't really fit the entire press.

Here is one of my burgers....I am a pretty boring person for toppings...

Alright so this is where I was disappointed with the bleu cheese....I'm pretty sure it was the brand I got which was some Greek Version of Bleu Cheese and it didn't melt very well...And perhaps I didn't put enough in it....The bleu cheese had good flavor but I've had better experiences with bleu cheese jucy lucy's

Now my son 2nd burger was absolutely amazing...When I first squeezed on it juice that was in it squirted out and got all over me.....(and yes I know I'm opening myself up for comments)

So in regards to the 7 dollar burger press I bought...Ease of my use so much so that my 9 year old son was able to use it and did it effectively.  I'll also say that it did an amazing job sealing them up and I could imagine if i had more meat in the bottom portion it would have been even better...Definitely worth the 7 bucks for me and now I won't be so timid to make them more and more!!!!

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

·

Comments