Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Baking Steel Success

DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
Platesetter legs up, grid, then inverted woo with 18' round Baking Steel on top.  600 degrees

NY style crust pepperoni and mushrooms.

Thicker crust in Lodge CI 14" Pizza Pan with Italian sausage, bacon and pepperoni
imageimageimageimageimage
·

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,413
    Nicely done-looks great to me...when's the next party :)
    Louisville
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,292
    Awww yeah! I'm busting mine out Sunday. Looks awesome!
    ·
  • SamMiller0SamMiller0 Posts: 38
    Looks great
    Rochester, MN  --- Large BGE
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,651
    Impressive pie, the one on the steel direct. Looks very good.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,947
    Great looking pizza - looks like you nailed it. I've been waiting to see threads about baking steel cooks after the recent group buy. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    edited May 2013
    caliking said:
    Great looking pizza - looks like you nailed it. I've been waiting to see threads about baking steel cooks after the recent group buy. 
    @caliking I have had the regular baking steel for a few months, using it in the oven with great results, but this was first time with the round 18" on the BGE.

The result on the BGE were very even better, as you would expect.  Higher temp and raised grid made for faster cooking times and a great crust.
    ·
    @Duganboy - How high above the felt line did you have the steel? Would it be possible for you to measure and post back?

·
  • RV10FlyerRV10Flyer Posts: 135
    Looks great.  How long did you let the steel heat up before you put the pie on it?

North Texas

XL BGE

·
    caliking said:
    @Duganboy - How high above the felt line did you have the steel? Would it be possible for you to measure and post back?
    @caliking look for a post on this tomorrow.  I have the table all covered up, but I will measure it for you tomorrow and post it.
    ·
    RV10Flyer said:
    Looks great.  How long did you let the steel heat up before you put the pie on it?
    About 45 minutes before first pie.
    ·
  • TFolsTFols Posts: 199
    Used my Baking Steel for the second time last night with good results.
    image.jpg 1.9M
    Bloomfield, NJ
    ·
    @caliking  my setup had the BS 3 1/2 inches above the felt line.
    ·
    @Duganboy: thanks!

·