Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Mini Mod #1 and inaugural cook

calikingcaliking Posts: 5,363
I've been thinking of ways to homebrew a mini woo ring  type of device. A simple solution for raised direct cooking was to cut 2 lengths of aluminum angle (1.5" wide), each 9" long. Raised the grid above the felt line, and fits just right on either side of the parallel bars that run down the center of the grid, so the grid doesn't slide about. I have an idea for accommodating a small pizza stone for indirect cooks, but that will likely be Mini Mod #2.

Lit him up with some WGWW (the only bag that I have and will be able to have for the time being). Temps rocketed up pretty quickly.

Heated up one of my round Lodge fajita skillets and did some mushrooms. These were bought pre-made, some kind of southwestern mix for the stuffing. Forgot to cook them on the weekend, so had to use em up. They were okay - on the bland side, and could have definitely used some rub or seasoning. 

I  love the new addition to the egg family!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments