Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pot Luck - 'Hap Beef'

This cook is in our regular line up now. Had to put something together on short notice for today's office pot luck. Threw on a pair of frozen Costco chucks last night at 9pm with salt and pepper at 225F grid indirect with mesquite and hickory. Woke up at 4:00 am (oh noooo!) and both were about 160F. Threw each in a foil pan with sliced onions and peppers from our garden and an IPA. Back on the Egg until 6:00 then removed, pulled, and put into crock pot with some fresh parsley. Here's the final product.
·

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Where??  Hap's pulled beef is the best!!  It cooks a lot slower than pork, but well worth the wait!
    ·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,271
    B-)
    image.jpg 2.2M
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Oh ya, that was worth waiting for, very nice.  Did you add any liquid?
    ·
  • HicHic Posts: 348
    @Charlie_tuna he added a beer aka "IPA"

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,271
    Here's one off the Egg into the foil pan.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,119
    Looks great!  Still on my to do list. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·