Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Table In Progress

I'm in the process of building a table for my buddy who is a new owner of a large. The table is made of white oak and will be stained with Sikkens door and window mahogany stain. The panels are stained before assembly so as they expand and contract the raw wood won't show. The rest will be stained upon completion.

The top will be concrete and the paver that the egg sits on will also be custom made to match the counter top.

Mark Annville, PA
image.jpg 1.5M
image.jpg 2.1M
image.jpg 1.9M

Comments

• Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,347
    Looking good.  Your buddy should be proud.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • Looks great. Lots of possibilities.
  • SoykneeSoyknee Posts: 12
    Looks similar to the one I built. I used all solid oak, lots of ripping, jointing, and gluing. . Lots of work but it was worth it. Good luck hopefully yours goes together faster than mine did
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    Soyknee said:

Looks similar to the one I built. I used all solid oak, lots of ripping, jointing, and gluing. . Lots of work but it was worth it. Good luck hopefully yours goes together faster than mine did

So far we have been working on it for about 5 weeks. We are using rough sawn lumber so we have been surfacing all of it too! It's been tough because we only get to work one day per week. I'm a teacher so production will pick up after school let's out
    Mark Annville, PA