Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Table In Progress

Options
I'm in the process of building a table for my buddy who is a new owner of a large. The table is made of white oak and will be stained with Sikkens door and window mahogany stain. The panels are stained before assembly so as they expand and contract the raw wood won't show. The rest will be stained upon completion.

The top will be concrete and the paver that the egg sits on will also be custom made to match the counter top.

Mark Annville, PA

Comments

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Looking good.  Your buddy should be proud.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • WisconsinJim
    Options
    Looks great. Lots of possibilities.
  • Soyknee
    Soyknee Posts: 33
    Options
    Looks similar to the one I built. I used all solid oak, lots of ripping, jointing, and gluing. . Lots of work but it was worth it. Good luck hopefully yours goes together faster than mine did
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    Soyknee said:

Looks similar to the one I built. I used all solid oak, lots of ripping, jointing, and gluing. . Lots of work but it was worth it. Good luck hopefully yours goes together faster than mine did

So far we have been working on it for about 5 weeks. We are using rough sawn lumber so we have been surfacing all of it too! It's been tough because we only get to work one day per week. I'm a teacher so production will pick up after school let's out
    Mark Annville, PA