Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Nest Question

My wife got me my Egg for Christmas along with a Nest and both were assembled, so all  had to do was drop her in and position on the back porch.  The nest had rubber tabs on the upright arms where the arms contact the Egg; I assume so there wasn't metal to ceramic contact, preventing chipping, etc.

Did a couple of pizzas last night and while cleaning up today I noticed all 4 tabs were melted to the sides of the Egg.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I assume the tabs were to stay in place?  I doubt this is a warrant issue but it looks like I'll have to take out the guts, remove the egg and see how well it cleans up...Thanks!

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,733
    Firstly, If you are keeping your wife in the nest, where do you keep the egg?  ;)

This happened to my medium. The tabs actually made the glaze peel off the ceramic so I would use care to remove it - don't just pull. You can just cover any areas with touch-up paint otherwise.
  • LOL :D

And thanks, I figured as much but I knew with all the experience here I'd find an answer!