Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon

Options
Much like @Jamieoro's post about Mother's Day Salmon, also cooked two large 2 lb salmon filets this weekend.  One with Dizzy Pigs Raging River, one with a dill/adler smoked salt mixture.  Cooked each filet at 500F (dome temp) for between 5-8 minutes, pulled from BGE and let it rest.  Perfectly done, any type of pink is not an option unless it is wrapped around seaweed.  

Pics and dill/salt rub follows.  

Smoked Dill Salt Rub

2 TBSP of dried dill leaves
1 TBSP of adler smoked salt (purchased at Christmastime, still have over half left; it is my go to spice for fish, with Raging River as a close second)

Grind both spices together in a mortar/pestle.  Liberally coat the filet (skin on or off, no never mind) with grapeseed oil as EVOO can be strong, grapeseed does the job at a high smoke point with little to no flavor.  Lightly apply the rub.  This is not a blackened fish as there is really no heat and the smoked salt can be overpowering (first time I used way too much and had to eat the whole filet myself, family wouldn't eat it).

Ate the Raging River day of, packaged the Smoked Salt Filet in a foodsaver bag.  Refrigerate for up to three days; drop the cold filet (still in the bag) in a large pot of boiling water for 3 minutes, open and serve.  

Bon appetit!

Comments