Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak, Chicken and Shrimp Fajitas

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054

My wife wanted something Mexicany for Cinco de Mayo, so I decided to fix her some Fajitas.  Gonna have lots of leftovers for lunch this week.  :)  I ain't complaining, because these were phenomenal!

I ended up using the Pioneer Woman's marinade for Beef Fajitas.  I made a little extra marinade and marinated some Chicken and Shrimp to go with the Flank Steak.

Saved some of the marinade and marinated some veggies with it.  Sautéed some Yellow Bell Peppers, Red Bell Peppers, Sweet Onions and Mushrooms.  I didn't marinate the mushrooms, but just threw those in the pan along with the other marinated veggies. 

Only thing I changed with the marinade's recipe was that I added in the zest of one of the limes.  Topped the fajitas with the Steak, Chicken, Shrimp, Veggies, Sour Cream and Chopped Cilantro.  It was killer!  Recipe is a keeper.

Happy Cinco de Mayo, y'all!  ;)

Comments

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Those look great. Can't beat good leftovers, beats the heck out of eating out for lunch.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    That looks very good Dyal!!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Now THAT's what I'm talking about .  =D>

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Looks tasty Dyal. Can't believe I didn't get the invite. :-??
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    Options
    Dyal just keeps knocking it out of the park.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Awesome! Couldn't get my butt in gear for a Cinco De Mayo cook, so I'll just lust after yours.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I love the options on the meat. Looks like a great Cinco De Mayo to me!  \:D/
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I'm beginning to think that @Dyal_SC should start traveling the country explaining to people how to take pictures of food. My lord he always gets it right.  I was going to post my leftover egged meatloaf then saw this and went into the fetal position. Very nicely done.
    ^:)^
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season.