Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

freezing brisket help

I bought a 4.5 lb flat yesterday from the behind the glass at the butcher. No cryovac, just butcher paper.  I was planning on putting it on the egg today but the forecast is a solid rain all day. Can I freeze this until next weekend and be ok?  How should I go about prepping for the freeze if it is ok?

LBGE
Zionsville, IN
·

Comments

• NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    Not sure I would bother freezing it in the first place, depending on how fresh it was when you got it. 
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • rsmith193rsmith193 Posts: 219
    If you have a vacuum sealer, there is nothing you need to do. Just put it into the bag and seal it. If not, I would dry it off as much as possible, keep it in the butcher paper, then in a ziplock bag.
    ·
  • EggucatorEggucator Posts: 184
    Thanks guys.  I decided to "man up" and grill in the rain! Got the deck umbrella out and its been on for an hour at 250. 
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,416
    @eggucator.... I was getting ready to give you hell but you turned it around.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·