Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

freezing brisket help

I bought a 4.5 lb flat yesterday from the behind the glass at the butcher. No cryovac, just butcher paper.  I was planning on putting it on the egg today but the forecast is a solid rain all day. Can I freeze this until next weekend and be ok?  How should I go about prepping for the freeze if it is ok?

LBGE
Zionsville, IN
·

Comments

• NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,252
    Not sure I would bother freezing it in the first place, depending on how fresh it was when you got it. 
    ·
  • rsmith193rsmith193 Posts: 219
    If you have a vacuum sealer, there is nothing you need to do. Just put it into the bag and seal it. If not, I would dry it off as much as possible, keep it in the butcher paper, then in a ziplock bag.
    ·
  • EggucatorEggucator Posts: 184
    Thanks guys.  I decided to "man up" and grill in the rain! Got the deck umbrella out and its been on for an hour at 250. 
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,223
    @eggucator.... I was getting ready to give you hell but you turned it around.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·