Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Smoked Chops - Charcuterie Brine Cured

BigWaderBigWader Posts: 490

Ate these Friday night but started to make them last Saturday.  Brine was Charcuterie basic brine + 5 smashed garlic cloves, peppercorns, onion flakes, and rosemary. 

After a 3 day soak to cure I rinsed and soaked them in water for 1 hour to take a bit of the salt off.  I put them in the fridge overnight to form the pellicule.  On Wednesday I smoked them at 225'F until they hit 140'F.  3 went in the fridge until Friday and the egg was brought up to 400'F to finish the 4th one for dinner that night. 

Served with simple bbq beans - Heinz beans in tomato + dry mustard + molasses + diced onion.  Smoked over cherry + hickory to impart some extra flavour.  The reviews were great and better than I've ever gotten from a butcher shop.

IMG_4184.JPG
1704 x 2272 - 1M
IMG_4192.JPG
1704 x 2272 - 1M

Large BGE

Comments