Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smoked Chops - Charcuterie Brine Cured

BigWaderBigWader Posts: 572

Ate these Friday night but started to make them last Saturday.  Brine was Charcuterie basic brine + 5 smashed garlic cloves, peppercorns, onion flakes, and rosemary. 

After a 3 day soak to cure I rinsed and soaked them in water for 1 hour to take a bit of the salt off.  I put them in the fridge overnight to form the pellicule.  On Wednesday I smoked them at 225'F until they hit 140'F.  3 went in the fridge until Friday and the egg was brought up to 400'F to finish the 4th one for dinner that night. 

Served with simple bbq beans - Heinz beans in tomato + dry mustard + molasses + diced onion.  Smoked over cherry + hickory to impart some extra flavour.  The reviews were great and better than I've ever gotten from a butcher shop.

Large BGE

·

Comments

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,156
    Looks delicious.

Love that book.  Doing Canadian Bacon next weekend, going to start the brine Tuesday.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·