Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plain Turkey

LDR
LDR Posts: 414
A fifteen pounder took just under four hours at 350 degrees.  Rubbed with sage butter and liquids converted to a simple gravy.  I wish I'd thought to cook an egg and some giblets to add into the gravy.  Something made me start thinking about Thanksgiving yesterday, and this is where it all ended.  Well, not ended just yet...

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Looks great.  Any wood for smoke?
    ddegger Posts: 244
    Nice! Is that the PS I see under there?
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414

I used an handful of apple chips, and there were probably a few remnants of hickory from yesterday's spatchcock chickens.

Right - the platesetter was legs up, and I got separation using the little wire rack that comes inside most toaster ovens.  We sent a toaster oven into retirement recently and I nabbed the wire rack to use for the egg.  It came out decently for a spur-of-the-moment cook.  I've been informed that all future holiday birds will be egged.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    No need for modesty here.  That is more than plain turkey.  Beautiful job.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Looks great! Turkeys are great things to make on the egg, I make little ones on my small egg every now and then. 

So much better on the egg, no more worrying if Thanksgiving is going to have dry turkey! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.