Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

APL competition thighs

Tried this one tonight.
·

Comments

• beteezbeteez Posts: 390
    http://www.adamperrylang.com/recipes/my-competition-thigh-recipe a link to recipe. Skin had right bite. Above shows seasoned thighs in pan, reseasoned on grid, then after a dunk in the sauce.
    ·
    Finished product
    image.jpg 1.3M
    ·
  • HogHeavenHogHeaven Posts: 264
    MMMmmm... Looks good. I have a hard time getting my thighs skin to crisp when I cook with the platesetter in like that. I just set my grid on top of the fire ring, no platesetter, and cook with a 350 degree dome temp. I start with the skin side down for the first 25 minutes of the cook and then I turn them over and put my magic sauce on them.
    ·
    These did not crisp per se but the 1:45 cook time rendered all of the fat & got a clean bite through the meat & skin not sure I would do this cook very often but it as a cool experience. Can see what all a comp cook has to go through to get the perfect bite or 2 for the judge where as we want a good product with minimum effort
    ·