Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Anything to be aware of when buying a demo from an eggfest?

Just pre-ordered a mini for the Georgia Mountain Eggfest in May ($379 total for mini + stand).  I will be calling Tom at CGS to get set up for a mini woo and then add a stone, but is there anything else I to be aware of when taking an egg home from a fest?  Maybe a pointless question, but I don't know what I don't know.
Atlanta suburbs
Large & Mini owner
UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!

Comments

  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    Get your10" wok on order from mrs Chain at the Wok Shop. Also your Lodge griddle.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

  • dpittarddpittard Posts: 126
    Gonna be pre-ordering a large from them probably Monday. I don't think there's much to worry about, to be honest.

    LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,902
    Nothing to worry about from the BGE and warranty perspective-just make sure the used lump is out of your demo before loading it up for the road trip.  Yes, there have been postings of the demo BGE deciding to self-start on its way to a new home!
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,347
    It will ride just fine set belted in. Get yourself a CARTen for peace of mind traveling. You will be doing a lot of traveling with the mini.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • dpittarddpittard Posts: 126
    lousubcap said:

    Nothing to worry about from the BGE and warranty perspective-just make sure the used lump is out of your demo before loading it up for the road trip.  Yes, there have been postings of the demo BGE deciding to self-start on its way to a new home!

    Wow, good advice!

    LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.
  • egretegret Posts: 4,035
    Crispix49 said:
    Just pre-ordered a mini for the Georgia Mountain Eggfest in May ($379 total for mini + stand).  I will be calling Tom at CGS to get set up for a mini woo and then add a stone, but is there anything else I to be aware of when taking an egg home from a fest?  Maybe a pointless question, but I don't know what I don't know.
    Just a head's up........we're not going to assemble any of the minis due to their limited utility in a large eggfest environment. Your's will be brand new in the box unless you really want it assembled. They're very easy to assemble so I wouldn't be concerned about that if I were you.
    image
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,330
    egret said:
    Crispix49 said:
    Just pre-ordered a mini for the Georgia Mountain Eggfest in May ($379 total for mini + stand).  I will be calling Tom at CGS to get set up for a mini woo and then add a stone, but is there anything else I to be aware of when taking an egg home from a fest?  Maybe a pointless question, but I don't know what I don't know.
    Just a head's up........we're not going to assemble any of the minis due to their limited utility in a large eggfest environment. Your's will be brand new in the box unless you really want it assembled. They're very easy to assemble so I wouldn't be concerned about that if I were you.

    Thats amazing! If I were you, I'd just keep it in the box, easy to get home and it is brand spankin new!


    _______________________________________________

    XLBGE 
  • rsmith193rsmith193 Posts: 219
    There is one very important thing you do need to be aware of, You will be buying more in the future. Thats how I bought all 4 of mine. =))
Sign In or Register to comment.