Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Quick question for CyberQ Wifi users

I just read a review, and it seems that the unit doesn't have a password. So, if you put it on your wifi, and set up your router so the CyberQ interface is visible to the outside world, there is no way to secure it against unauthorized use. Is that correct? Please tell me I am mistaken!

Comments

• six_eggsix_egg Posts: 904
    It believe it has a pass code.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

• skellis614skellis614 Posts: 65
    edited April 2013
    CyberQ Wifi has a user Id and password. Took some effort, but mine works like a charm.
    LBGE, Burgeoning Accessories
  • North_Is_UpNorth_Is_Up Posts: 137
    Earlier versions of the firmware didn't support passwords. It works correctly now. There are other problems with the CyberQ Wifi not connecting to certain routers, but it for those that it does connect to, it does support a password.
    Small (hatched 6/13/2015)
    XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
    CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
    Northern CA