Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Baby Back Ribs

well this past weekend it was time for ribs! 
this is the second time iv done the 3-2-1 method, but this time i did 3-1.5-1 

24 hour brine in water with apple juice and apple cider vinegar. 
then rubbed with my own mix of brown sugar, paprika, coriander, cumin, allspice, minced garlic, black pepper salt 

brought the grill to 230f and put the ribs on a vrack for 3 hours with a couple apple & hickory chunks, kept steady for most of the cook 230-240. 

3 hours later:

then i foiled them with apple juice and dijon mustard mixture for 1.5 hours, sorry no pics of that part. after that they went back on the vrack and were painted down with my kicked up sweet baby rays sauce for an 1 more hour. 
done here:

things i would do differently
* higher temp at last hour,  i did them at 250-260 last time and it had a better crust. 
*maybe not stack them like that, usually i only do 2 but i wanted a 3rd this time for wokking.  
other then that these were pretty much the best ribs i have had! i cant wait to eat them again. 
·

Comments

• Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Looks great! I love ribs and don't do them nearly enough.  =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,407
    Nice lookin reebs! =P~
    ·