Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smokey Spanish Frittata

One of my favorite things to cook on the Egg.  Eggs, cream, cheese, mushrooms, spinach, peppers, chorizo (substitute or add chopped bacon), onion, and salt.  About 30 minutes indirect at 350º or until brown around pan.  I add mesquite chips. Breakfast for almost a week - done.

·

Comments

• khristyjeffkhristyjeff Posts: 154
    Boy, that looks great. And pretty simple, too. Must try.
    ·
  • MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
    I know you precook the meat, but do you saute the veggies first, or put them in raw?
    ·
  • BadongBadong Posts: 125
    I did cook the chorizo and saute the veggies first. Haven't been brave enough to try it without.
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,249
    Looks excellent, Badong!  I like making Frittatas too...makes breakfast quick and easy all week long. 
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,064
    I love making frittatas, but haven't tried one on the Egg yet.  Added to the list!  

(I may try some spanish paprika in your recipe, too!)

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·