Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Table sizing

Good day all.

Ready to build a table to house a large. My plans are to have a top of about 6' x 3'. With the egg offset 18" from one end.

Those of you who have one already are you seeing  that it should of been larger or smaller now that it being used awhile? I may be having second thoughts of such a big  area.

Thank and have a grill day! Bill

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 10,859
    I have a 6' x 25" table, large egg in the middle.  I like the space, although I do most of my prep work inside.  If you have the room, a big table is a nice luxury. 3' deep seems a little much in that dimension, but nothing wrong with that.

• U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,148
    I did mine 3'x5.5' and its good forum area sometimes it gets a little tight on the work area my egg starts about 10" in from it so I have about 3' of work area but its functional. Ideally I would have a whole different work area.
  • I bought my large off CL & it came with the standard table. I'm not home right now to measure it. If you're building it yourself, one thing I don't like about my table is the Egg is about 6" from the edge of the left side of the table. It would be nice to have more real estate over there. Good luck Bill!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.