Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey kofta kebabs & Fire Wire mushrooms

Options
R2Egg2Q
R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
My wife wanted something a little healthier & prepared some turkey kofta kebabs following a healthier recipe she found here: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/05/persian-turkey-kofta-kebabs.html.

We had made these once before and I recalled them tasting too light on seasoning so I added 1/4 tsp of Todd's Dirt Rub and 1/4 tsp of DP Tsunami Spin. Cooked them on the Small Egg at around 425: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

My MIL had given us a pack of mushrooms so we decided to use this recipe ( http://www.mountainviewmushrooms.com/RecipeView.asp?RecipeID=35 ) stick them on a Fire Wire grilling skewer and quickly cook them on the Egg: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The mushrooms were good & I really sure use the flexible skewers more often. The kebabs were better than last time but still a little lacking in flavor (or perhaps too heathy tasting for me).
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Need the fire wire, love good shrooms.
    Seattle, WA
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Those look really good and a nice healthy alternative to having chicken all the time. I will have to give them a try! 

I just got a firewire a couple weekends ago. It is perfect for the small egg, actually any egg since you are in control of the size of it. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    @Solson005 & @SkinnyV - I agree with Solson on the Fire Wire flexibility being great for usage on the smaller Eggs.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    Options
    Just got my fire wire. Going to try them out this weekend. That dinner looks good.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I got the fire wire for Christmas Works great when the grid is full and need to twist and turn to take advantage of those last few inches of space

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Bham_egger
    Bham_egger Posts: 196
    Options
    Looks great. I love kofta. Here is another recipe you may want to try. In think the spices are just right. For the meat, I usually use lamb, but you can use any ground meat.

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/106030/kofta-kebabs
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe link @Bham_egger! I love lamb and like the look of the recipe. We'll give it a try!

Bay Area, CA