Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Bacon explosion

So I tried the bacon explosion pork loin. Have to say it turned out awesome. Had a pretty good smoke ring.

• chad408chad408 Posts: 140
    Give do details of your cook. Cook temp, time, wood used.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,698
    chad408 said:
    Give do details of your cook. Cook temp, time, wood used.
    +1 Please do. That looks great
  • GaryLangeGaryLange Posts: 287
    I made four of those a couple years back to take to a Rally I was going to. Mine had the Bacon layer then Pork rub, Italian sausage and I stuffed them with Pepperjack cheese, Onions Green Peppers and Mushrooms. They were very good if I do say so myself. I smoked them with Mesquite at about 225 or so for about 4-5 hours if I remember correctly. Te original recipe called for well done crunchy bacon in the center but I wanted something with less bacon so did my own thing. If you look on-line for Bacon Explosion you will find the recipe.
  • Next time I will use thinner cut bacon. Pork loin was 4.5 pounds. Had 1.5 pounds of back on it. I did a basket weave on the bacon. Then used Bad Byron's Butt Rub and put brown sugar over that. I rubbed the loin down in squeeze butter and a little more brown sugar. Wrapped the loin with the bacon wrap and left overnight. Got the egg going on 350 with plate setter and drip pan. Let it go for about 3 hours. Pulled it at 170 internal. I used soaked applewood chips. Also used BGE lump. I am changing back to Wicked WW lump though. The BGE seems to burn a little fast.
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,880
    I did one traditional style around the BCS title game. They are awesome.
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,880
    Yours looks great
  • Hard to beat pork on pork. Although next time I will use thinner bacon. It didnt get as crispy as I had hoped for. Also I will pull the plate setter for about 20-30 mins at the end so that the bottom can get some direct heat. I thought it turned out really well though.

I am still learning new tricks. I haven't had my egg that long. So far I love it.

• caneggercanegger Posts: 540

Hard to beat pork on pork.