Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Walleye

KempyKempy Posts: 186
edited February 2013 in EggHead Forum

SWMBO and I went ice fishing with some friends over the weekend and decided to fire up the BGE and cook up some of our catch.  Nothing too fancy, just walleye cooked indirect on cedar planks topped with Tsunami Spin, a little butter and a lemon slice.  It was a big hit, everyone commented that it is the best walleye they had ever had.  Score another one the egg.  (For an appetizer, I fried up some of the walleye coated with Jamacian Firewalk, flour and Panko.  Once again, great tasting.  Sorry no picture of the fried walleye, didn't think to take a picture of it because it wasn't cooked on the egg. 

imageimage
·

Comments

• That's some fine looking pickerel =))

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 501

You dirty dog! Only thing better then walleye are some nice yellow perch.

Can't handle the cold of ice fishing any longer. Can't wait to get the boat out onto Saginaw Bay in the spring.Good to get out on the water even if if you catch zero.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,310
    Man, I could eat that entire lot of walleye, been so long since I had it, wouldn't want to spoil it with any else but a cold beer.....oh and may a bundle of those nice yellow perch GK59 suggested......

t

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • You ain't a Tejas native Tom?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·