Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

cold smoking now, have questions, where are Mighty Quinn, Nola, Utarted???

smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,438
edited February 2013 in EggHead Forum
Well I am into the 4th hour of cold smoke. The bellies don't look any different than when I put them on. Have my small sitting at 300. the smoke is slowly rising out of the large egg. It is freaking me out. I haven't seen any change at all in the colour of the meat. When does it take on the smokey look that you all have shown pictures of. I was planning to smoke for 8 hours today, but am wondering if it is going to need longer. Ambient temp today is 38-40 and when I stick the thermopen down the upper vent of the large, I get a reading of between 49-50* My understanding is that temps up to around 90* are ok. Am I on the right track here. What should the meat look like, does it take on much of a colour. Could one of you that have done this a few times, please hold my hand :).
I have done a lot of salmon smoking in a Little Chief smoker, but this is a way colder smoke. Hhhhhhhhelp.
IMG_2818.JPG
2592 x 1936 - 2M

Comments