Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

tomorrow is cold smoke day

Options
Thanks to everyone who has offered advice for cold smoking. You have helped me along. I cured the bellies for a week now and then I soaked them for an hour in cold water, pat dried them and then into the fridge for a day and a half. Tomorrow is going to be a great day for egging. I can't wait. Plan is to use my small egg to generate the smoke, stabilize it at around 275-300 (thanks for the help) and then have my large egg clean of all the lump and I will have a two tiered rack for the bellies. I will be using some seasoned applewood for smoke. I will do about 6-8 hours of smoke and then I will take a sample and fry it up to see how it tastes. If I need more smoke then so be it. Another tip I will be using is after smoking, wrap the bellies up and store in the fridge to mellow out for a couple of days. Then into the freezer for about an hour and then slice and vac seal the bacon. Going to be a great day outside, weather is co-operating and there is going to be a whisp of smoke floating through the neighbourhood. Gotta love it. Posting pics later. Once again, thanks to everyone who helped in getting me off the fence. 
Large, small, and a mini