Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chocolate Pecan Bourbon Chocolate Chip Cakelets Dressed with Kahlua

caliking
caliking Posts: 18,704
I'll post my V-Day cook in another thread... the unexpected star of the show ended up being the dessert which I kinda made up on the fly.

Cooked dinner, and as the Egg was shut down, I planned to make cakelets in ramekins. Started with a store bought mug cake mix.

its supposed to be made in the microwave, but that sounded ick. So I took one of the packets and added the 1/4 cup of milk it asked for. Figured I would throw in a tablespoon of bourbon for good measure. Added Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips and pecans. 

Set up a pizza stone raised direct at the felt line, clay feet spacers, then another pizza stone. Placed the ramekins on the stone. Temp was about 375 and falling since the egg was shut down.

Let it go for about 25mins. Pulled them when a toothpick poked in the center came out clean. The temp had dropped to about 280 (I opened the dome a bunch of times to check and make sure they didn't burn.All ready:

Dressed each cakelet with a teaspoon of Kahlua and let cool for 10mins.

Sorry, no final pics because they went fast! They were superb, and I will definitely make these again. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments