Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Resting Meat - A Busted Myth!?!?!

Options
I know a lot of people here have gotten some great info over the years from AmazingRibs.com.

That site's owner/operator, Meathead Goldwyn, was on BBQ Central Radio show last Tuesday being interviewed about his latest article in which he declares the mantra of "resting your steak" as a busted myth.  READ HIS ARTICLE HERE

While those of us in the live chat were gathering our "pitchforks and torches" and "tar and feathers" to show him what we thought of his heretical theory, he laid out his experimentation on this and his team's findings.  They did present some interesting quantitative results that showed the liquid loss differences between rested and not rested steaks was negligible. 

I'm not changing anything I do with steaks and such just yet
.  But Meathead is one smart & objective guy.  He's never steered me wrong, so I'm keeping my mind open.  I'd like to see some qualitative tastes tests (double blind, of course) to see if they match up with the data their experiments produced.  The proof is in the eating, right?

Did you catch the live interview or have you read the article?  What are your thoughts?
Knoxville, TN
Nibble Me This