Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Egging through the pain

I have a recurring bulging disc problem in my upper back. Woke up this morning to a full blown attack. 

Told bridezilla no Egging today, but as the afternoon wore on I couldn't take it. I had to egg. Nothing fancy just hamburgers, but since I got my BGE I haven't missed a weekend. I wasn't going to let it beat me!
Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
·

Comments

• Way to man up through the pain! I have disk issues myself and know what your going through. Hang tough
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Way to man up through the pain! I have disk issues myself and know what your going through. Hang tough
    Thank you!

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Way to keep the streak of weekend Egging going. I've been there as well, with a discectomy 15 years ago.  The pain can be incredible, then as it starts getting better, the fear of pain makes moving almost as bad.  Hang in there.
  • Thanks TJ. I have been living with this for over 10 years. I have broken a lot of bones and been tossed, turned, and twisted in various accidents. 

I guess I can't really complain or be shocked that I am having trouble.
    ·
  • The power of the "G" got you up!!
    ·
  • Atta boy!  Way to shake it off and get back to doing what you obviously love.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    The power of the "G" got you up!!

Amen brother!!!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • Sure am glad I am not a Georgia fan. Sounds like bad juju. Seriously though glad u were able to fire up the egg hope it feels better soon.
    ·
  • I feel your pain. I'm fused from S1-L3 with a bone cage, and titanium rods. I have good days and bad.
    Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana
    ·