Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

turbo butt?

whats the formula for doing a turbo butt? I have a 9lb butt i need done early in the morning so the wife can take to work.

Comments

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 1,723
    Platesetter legs up with drip pan, grid on legs, butt directly on grid. 350 dome temp until IT reaches 160. On a 6lber this takes 3-3.5 hrs make take longer with a 9lber. When 160 IT is achieved, wrap butt in foil and back on grid. Pull from egg when you hit 195-200 IT. Wrap in towel and through in cooler until you ready to pull and eat. I like to spray with apple juice/apple cider mixture 3-4 times while getting to 160 and then again before foiling. I smoke with hickory or pecan or both. Hope this helps...... Roll Tide!!!!!

LBGE,SBGE Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3 said:
    Platesetter legs up with drip pan, grid on legs, butt directly on grid. 350 dome temp until IT reaches 160. On a 6lber this takes 3-3.5 hrs make take longer with a 9lber. When 160 IT is achieved, wrap butt in foil and back on grid. Pull from egg when you hit 195-200 IT. Wrap in towel and through in cooler until you ready to pull and eat. I like to spray with apple juice/apple cider mixture 3-4 times while getting to 160 and then again before foiling. I smoke with hickory or pecan or both. Hope this helps...... Roll Tide!!!!!
    +1...War Eagle !!!

Alexander City,Al