Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket

Hi,

If you are not doing a whole packer brisket, what part is better - the flat or the point?

Thanks!
Jimi1234
·

Comments

• Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,248
    I've never seen the point for sale on its own. Both are tasty....the flat is lean, so you have to be careful to not over cook it. The point is fatty, and very delicious....especially when you make burnt ends with it. :)
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,992
    The point has more interstitial fat, so it is usually easier to cook. I do flats with no problem; it just takes more attention to prevent drying out. Some will claim that the point is the best, flat's suck, etc. Do whatever you are more comfortable with.
    ·
  • Thanks guys. I'm thinking of trying the Travis method. I will try the point - my local butcher had points in the display case the other day.

·
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 1,318
    Hey egg pretty big words being used for a forum based upon such primitive tech.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,977
    Dave in Florida has a good method...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,022

Say waaaaaaaaht?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,992

Say waaaaaaaaht?

In case the first post was for me, I think this is appropriate :

34134868.jpg 49.8K
    ·