Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Anybody for some baked beans (pics)

After smoking 2 small pork shoulders overnight (11 hrs.). I pulled them and made baked beans from scratch. They are hitting the spot. A few changes for next time and I think I may have something. I will let everyone know the ingredients when I can. I am eating these straight from the grill I can't wait to taste them tomorow when they have really come into it.
image.jpg 1.2M
image.jpg 984.4K
image.jpg 743.6K
image.jpg 805.4K

Comments

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,454
    Looks very good, I love baked beans with pork.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 1,905
    This is one I haven't done. Beans the right way, from scratch. I've been too lazy. For sure going to do them when the weather gets better. Yours look great.
  • They look real good, kinda looks like you threw a piece of lump charcoal it the pot also LOL

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • They look real good, kinda looks like you threw a piece of lump charcoal it the pot also LOL

• It does look like some lump on top of the beans. But they sure taste good!
  • cdees_1993cdees_1993 Posts: 135
    Like the looks of that!

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,069
    edited June 2013
    Those beans look great. If I had a big pot of beans like that... SWMBO would hate me in the morning :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • BrowninggoldBrowninggold Posts: 453
    Beans look good....my SWMBO hates me anyways and I don't give a TOOT or do I?
  • LizzieSampsLizzieSamps Posts: 894
    my favorite side, please share your tips when you get a chance.